health and safety management system
A health and safety management system is a legal requirement for any business with more than five employees.
Your health and safety management system is the first port of call for any health and safety related queries. It should be regularly reviewed, maintained and updated by your competent person to ensure that you have taken all necessary precautions to provide your employees with a safe working environment and that you are compliant with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
Your Health and Safety management system should include:
- An organisational structure: This should define who within the company has responsibility for managing specific safety issues
- A health and safety induction handbook: Informing employees of the organisation’s health and safety arrangements, employees’ legal responsibilities, workplace-specific safety rules to be adhered to and an induction checklist
- An internal audit process: Including safety monitoring check sheets and safety records to demonstrate that key health and safety aspects are being undertaken, by whom, and when
- Records of risk assessments and training courses attended to maintain health and safety certifications
What are the legal requirements for Health and Safety?
All UK businesses with more than 5 employees are legally required to have the following in place:
- A written, documented Health and Safety policy
- Suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments to cover all risks to both employees and non-employees
- Preventative and protective measures in place to reduce the risks outlined within the Risk Assessment
- A Health & Safety Management System in order to plan, organise, control, monitor and review your Risk Assessments and preventative measures
- Provide employees with appropriate Health Surveillance
- Have a designated competent Health and Safety person on your premises
- Ensure all of your staff fully trained with complete and up to date training records
Our Health and Safety Consultants are highly qualified, based around the UK and have a wealth of experience across a range of industries. For a tailored quotation on how to reduce the risk and improve compliance within your business contact us today on 01527 571 611.
For a tailored quotation on how to reduce the risk and improve compliance within your business
Contact us today on 01527 571 611
Read the latest news from Agility Risk & Compliance.