Fire Risk Assessments

Why do you need a Fire Risk Assessment in the workplace?

A Fire Risk Assessment is a legal requirement and is needed to meet The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.

If you are responsible for a building, for example;

  • Employer
  • Owner
  • Occupier of premises that aren’t a ‘single private dwelling’ (a private home)

You need to make sure a suitably competent person completes a Fire Risk Assessment, which is where we can support you.

Agility Risk & Compliance can act as your competent person and complete your Risk Assessments and other Health & Safety documentation and requirements. 

Who should have a Fire Risk Assessment?

The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 works in conjunction with The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to carry out Risk Assessments in order to reduce accidents and preserve life

Where five or more people work at your premises or your business has a licence under enactment in force, you’ll need a Fire Risk Assessment to be a conducted and recorded.

The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 law applies to;

  • Commercial businesses
  • Shops
  • Offices
  • Care facilities
  • Factories, Warehouses
  • Community halls
  • Schools
  • Pubs, Restaurants
  • Hostels, Hotels,
  • Any person who is responsible for the common areas of multi-family housing units

How often should you complete a Fire Risk Assessment?

Fire Risk Assessments must be reviewed by the responsible person regularly so as to keep it up to date for currency and validation purposes or, where there has been a significant change in the matters to which it relates including when the premises, special, technical and organisational measures, or organisation of the work undergo significant changes, extensions, or conversions.

For a tailored quotation on how to reduce the risk and improve compliance within your business

Contact us today on 01527 571 611

Site Inspection

Competent Person

Management Systems


Read the latest news from Agility Risk & Compliance.