The Manual Handling Instructor course will prepare individuals to be confident and competent to train others in manual handling techniques. Delegates will be able to;
- Give a knowledge of the legal process of the ‘Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992’
- Conduct manual handling risk assessments
- Have an understanding of how types of accidents are incurred
- Give an understanding of the spine structure and methods of protecting the back
- Effectively demonstrate manual handling lifting techniques
- Effectively plan training lessons, structuring / designing course content, including setting out objectives and selecting learning styles
- Attendees will be given the knowledge, skills and training methods to be able to provide training to the abilities of the individuals attending the training and have the ability to identify the different learning styles of those that they are training, to ensure the best results
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, instructors and training officers and those with responsibility for training others in manual handling techniques.
- Manual handling legislation
- Accident statistics & injuries
- Structure of the spine
- Risk assessments
- Reducing the risks – control measures
- Manual handling techniques
- Practical demonstration
- Lesson planning
- What qualities a trainer needs
- How to set meaningful objectives
- Identifying different learning styles and preferences
- How we receive and assimilate information
- How to structure and design a course
- PowerPoint presentations – do’s and don’ts
- A presentation delivered by each delegate (20 minutes) including lesson plan
- Tutor feedback (individual)
- Written examination (60 minutes) combination of multiple choice and written questions
- Assessment & certification
To pass this course each delegate will have to pass a 3 stage assessment/exam:
- A brief presentation (15 minute micro teach) by delegates to show that they have understood the different teaching techniques.
- A multiple choice exam paper.
- Practical assessment on the demonstration of the lifting technique.
Please contact us on 01527 571611 for upcoming course dates.
Contact us for a tailored quotation.
In House Training
Agility can deliver the Manual Handling Instructors training course for you at your premises for a maximum of 8 people. A closed course on your site will also allow us to tailor the course and the given examples to your organisation’s activities and procedures. Agility will attempt to deliver the 3 days over duration suitable for your organisation, whether this is a 3 days block or split over 3 weeks or however you wish the training to be delivered.
For a tailored quote, contact us on 01527 571611.