This course illustrates the different approaches that should be adopted when dealing with different types of absences. Explanations are supported by long-standing and recent case law.
The course will also explain how you should deal with related and unrelated short-term absences, long term sickness, disabled employees and unauthorised absences.
Who Should Attend?
The course is essential for HR professionals, line managers and other members of staff who are responsible for managing employees.
The Absence Management training will cover the following topics:
- The importance of triggers, measurement and well drafted absence policies
- The procedures that should be followed when dealing with the different types of absences
- The importance of consultation and medical investigation during capability procedures
- How to handle difficult circumstances that may arise during the absence management process, including; a refusal to cooperate and dealing with unclear or conflicting medical reports
- We will also have an open forum for general employment law questions at the end of the session
Assessment & Certification
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance up on completing this course.
Contact us on 01527 571611 for upcoming course dates.
Please call us on 01527 571 611 for a tailored quotation.
In House Training
Agility can deliver the absence management training course for you at your premises. A closed course on your site will also allow us to tailor our course and the given examples to your organisation’s activities and procedures.