The aim of this qualification is to provide candidates with knowledge of the basic food safety practices that are essential in the food catering, retail and manufacturing industries. This includes the hazards and risks to food safety presented by food operations and personnel together with cost-effective, practical control measures
Who Should Attend?
The qualification is designed principally for those who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering, retail or manufacturing. It is also appropriate for persons providing services to catering premises including pest control operators, maintenance engineers, cleaners, laundry and delivery personnel.
Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Hospitals and care homes
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety covers the following key areas:
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
- Understand how the working areas are kept clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe
- Introduction to food safety
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Taking temperatures
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
Assessment & Certification
Each delegate will need to successfully complete a multiple choice examination paper to gain the qualification.
In House Training
Agility can deliver the Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering course for you at your premises. A closed course on your site will also allow us to tailor our course and the given examples to your organisation’s activities and procedures.
For a tailored quote today contact us on 01527 571611