Disciplinary procedures are a necessary element of running a successful business. Even though the old statutory disciplinary procedures have now been repealed, it is essential that you follow a fair process when handling disciplinary procedures. Failure to follow a fair disciplinary procedure can still mean that an employment tribunal could find the dismissal unfair.
Agility’s HR advisors know that dealing with disciplinary issues can be a difficult and stressful time. Our advisors aid your managers throughout the whole disciplinary process by offering professional advice that helps to protect the organisation in the long run.
We offer more than a one size fits all service; our specialists tailor the advice and support to meet the needs and expectations of you and your business. We can:
- Advise on procedure and documentation
- Undertake disciplinary and appeal hearings on your behalf at your site
- Meet with you to fully understand your wishes and needs of the business before providing disciplinary procedures support
Areas to consider within a disciplinary procedure:
- Communicate with all parties involved so that a true picture can be built up during the investigation phase
- All findings must be written down so there is physical evidence that can be referred back to
- Create a fair procedure and consistently follow it so that whenever a disciplinary issue arises, everyone involved knows how the process will go