Any business with more than 5 employees must have up to date Health & Safety Policies in place. Thus, ensuring you have taken all necessary precautions to provide your employees with a safe working environment. Above all, proving that you are compliant with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
If an accident or incident should occur in your workplace, one of the first tasks of any investigation is to review your Health & Safety policies. Along with this, staff training records.
Therefore, if your Health & Safety policies do not clearly state what your staff should do, how they should do it or how they are expected to behave you could be at risk of financial penalties.
For this reason, we believe a Health & Safety policy should be an instruction manual. Helping you to manage all of the elements of Health & Safety. It should provide you with clear instructions and steps on how to do things without having to refer to complicated regulations.
How can Agility help?
At Agility we pride ourselves on providing tailored Health & Safety documentation to business of all sizes and industries. Our experienced Consultants visit your premises to gain an in-depth knowledge of the activities your staff undertake as well as what risks are involved. We can therefore provide you with tailored documents, reducing your risks and improving your compliance.
We can create you a policy as a one-off job, or incorporate it into your support services package.
What are the legal requirements?
All UK businesses with more than 5 employees are legally required to have the following in place:
- A written, documented Health & Safety policy
- Suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments to cover all risks
- Preventative and protective measures to reduce the risks within the Risk Assessment
- A Health & Safety Management System to plan, organise, control, monitor and review your Risk Assessments and preventative measures
- Provide employees with appropriate Health Surveillance
- Have a designated competent Health & Safety person on your premises
- Ensure all staff are fully trained with complete and up to date training records
Our Health & Safety Consultants are highly qualified. Based around the UK with a wealth of experience across a rage of industries.
For a tailored quotation on how to reduce the risk and improve compliance within your business, contact us today on 01527 571611.