Any business with more than 5 employees must have an up to date Health & Safety Policy in place to ensure that you have taken all necessary precautions to provide your employees with a safe working environment and that you are compliant with the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974
If an accident or incident should occur in your workplace, one of the first tasks of any investigation is to review the Health and Safety documents and any staff training records to know how each member of staff is informed to work. If your Health and Safety documents do not clearly state what your staff should do, how they should do it and how they are expected to behave you could be at risk of financial penalties.
We believe a health and safety policy should be an instruction manual that enables you to manage all of the elements of health and safety; it should provide you with clear instructions and steps on how to do things without having to refer to complicated regulations.
How can Agility help?
At Agility we pride ourselves on providing bespoke Health and Safety documentation to business of all sizes and industries. Our experienced Consultants will visit your premises to gain an in-depth knowledge of the activities your staff undertake as well as what risks are involved to provide you with tailored documents reducing your risk and improving your compliance.
We can create you a policy as a one-off job, or incorporate it into your support services package.
What are the legal requirements?
All UK businesses with more than 5 employees are legally required to have the following in place:
- A written, documented Health and Safety policy
- Suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments to cover all risks to both employees and non-employees
- Preventative and protective measures in place to reduce the risks outlined within the Risk Assessment
- A Health & Safety Management System in order to plan, organise, control, monitor and review your Risk Assessments and preventative measures
- Provide employees with appropriate Health Surveillance
- Have a designated competent Health and Safety person on your premises
- Ensure all of your staff fully trained with complete and up to date training records
Our Health and Safety Consultants are highly qualified, based around the UK and have a wealth of experience across a rage of industries. For a tailored quotation on how to reduce the risk and improve compliance within your business contact us today on 01527 571611.