The Health and Safety at work, Etc. Act 1974 states that it is the duty of the employer “to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all of his employees.”
Can you answer ‘yes’ to all of the following questions?
- Do you have a written, documented Health and Safety policy?
- Do you have suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments to cover all risks to both employees and non-employees?
- Are preventative and protective measures in place to reduce the risks outlined within the Risk Assessment?
- Do you have a Health & Safety Management System in order to plan, organise, control, monitor and review your Risk Assessments and preventative measures?
- Do you provide your employees with appropriate Health Surveillance?
- Do you have a designated competent Health and Safety person on your premises?
- Are all of your staff fully trained with complete and up to date training records?
As a Director of any business, it is your responsibility to ensure your employees have a healthy and safe working environment, if you answered ‘no’ to any of these questions, you could be in breach of the Health and Safety at Work Etc. act 1974. Here at Agility Risk and Compliance we can undertake all aspects of your Health and Safety arrangements and be your dedicated Health and Safety Competent Person or we can provide advice and support on specific aspects.
Simply contact us on 01527 571611 to discuss your business in more detail.
Free Health & Safety Audit
If you are unsure of where your business stands compared with todays Health & Safety legislation, we can offer a FREE Health & Safety Desktop Audit of your business.
Following the Audit you can either choose to follow up the recommendations yourself or appoint Agility R&C to complete the actions on your behalf, allowing you to concentrate on running your business.